Friday, October 7, 2016

Day 5 Intentional Rest Amongst Intentional Living

I had ANOTHER BUSY DAY.  But I love serving our home and family. I do have to make a conscious effort to stay in the right spirit when I get real BUSY because I get overwhelmed quickly and then that leads to grumpiness. I forget to stop and smell the flowers, and embrace SLOW and BEAUTY in the midst of it all. That is why I am challenging myself to find REST or SLOWNESS during my daily living.

Today was grocery day, clean house day, and art classes. I was also prepping for a Family Day tomorrow. We are heading to do a Nature Walk, picnic, and just enjoying the day together. It has been a while since we have done anything like this and so I am really excited.


                            Just a little Creating. Thank to Monica at The Homespun Heart.
 
Tonight my husband grilled delicious hamburgers and we lit the fire pit and enjoyed S'mores. We had hoped to linger around the fire but the Mosquitos were horrible. We live by a lake. Well actually the lake is in our backyard. So, this time of year they are awful no matter bug spray, bug off candles, and etc.





I had a hard time finding REST today. It simply did not come naturally. I had to be intentional. My husband and I curled up and watched a clean film on Pure Flix called Saved by Grace. Super neat little movie. Good moral and story line. This was being intentional because I don't like to do this often.


I am off to do some Literal RESTING....SLEEP!
How did you rest today???

Sweet Dreams Friends!

4 comments:

  1. Some days are like that, sometimes we have to plan our days with less not more. I am happy that you are finding time for rest even when it is busy, these post are encouraging to us all. Blessings to you sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Chrissy, I should be sleeping but I just am not 😱 I am enjoying catching up with you. I'm so glad you are feeling better and taking care.
    I hope your son likes working at ChicFilA. We don't eat out much but I do enjoy taking grands to ChicFilA. The food is good and I just like the whole atmosphere. The workers seem to enjoy working there too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are so glad he got a job there. It is a blessing. Thanks for visiting.

      Delete

Welcome! Love your friendly comments.