Thursday, October 13, 2016

Give~A~Way Reminder & Days 8-10 Of Intentional Rest

Hello friends. I have been very intentional about resting and being SLOW amongst our busy days. It has been so refreshing. I am learning a lot. I plan to share about this as the days go. I am learning to catch myself when I am rushing. I am also noticing how much I rush through things (prayer, eating, cleaning, schooling, and just small things) and this has been a big eye opener to me. I can see myself being Martha from the bible and when I see this I mentally picture being Mary. I began to SLOW.


















We have had several walks, a couple of picnics, I have been coloring (yes...I know), studying my Slow Lane Book by Monica Wilkinson.

REMINDER- Please go here to sign up MIDNIGHT TONIGHT to have a chance to receive a copy of "Slow Lane" by Monica Wilkinson.

Check out the link above to know how to sign up for a opportunity to receive a FREE Copy of this book.

Blessings,
Chrissy

12 comments:

  1. We used to do school in the park sometimes during Fall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the table cloth! Nothing wrong with coloring if it brings you pleasure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love getting lost in my Art...it takes my mind from business to a total calm. After I am finishes with the Art picture..I realize how absorbed I was in it,to the point that I had forgotten all my cares....And I do love to color with my girls. I love your picnic idea...I so need to do that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not an artist but I can for sure see how that can make you feel. Coloring does that for me. You are so talented. :) You need to show us more of your art.

      Delete
  4. HI Chrissy! Have you ever read that book with the title about being a Mary in a Martha world or something like that? I think I still have it around here somewhere. As soon as I read this post, I thought about that. :) I'm glad that you are intentionally slowing down, that is a good thing and something that I have been learning to do...very healthy. :)

    Be blessed my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debbie,
      I have heard of it but not read it. I just seen it at the Library. Maybe I should get it. :) Hope you are safe and well.

      Delete
  5. Love the fun picnic, and the impromptu game :) Glad you are learning the meaning of slow, it is hard to do with a family, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is REALLY hard. But I think it is so worth it because it teaches them to slow to in such a fast paced world.

      Delete
  6. We do the same...
    I figure we will have plenty of cold, snowy days to be cozy inside...
    So we have been spending as much time outside as possible.
    And I am right there with you, my friend.
    Slowing down...being mindful...
    Living in the present.
    It takes practice, doesn't it?!
    Lovely pictures too!
    Have a cozy evening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Billie Jo,

      I know!!! We are still having some HOT days. But some have been so Fall Like. Thank the Lord. It sure takes practice!

      Delete

Welcome! Love your friendly comments.