Saturday, October 1, 2016

Oh...This Little Blog of Mine....

How I have missed you terribly little blog of mine. How I miss writing (journaling) from my heart and home. How I miss the encouraging comments and visits from sweet reader/friends. How I miss reading my sweet blogging reader/friends blogs.



How I sure wish I could find the words to say all that has happened in the last few months. Health Issues, Nervous Breakdown, Surgery, Reaction to Medicines, almost losing my mind and bits of my spirit and soul... it felt like.

How I want to share how God placed people in my life that I never imagined who I didn't really know who have become lifelong friends, supporters, and caretakers for me. How God has allowed me to be tested to the core. How I had a small (or big to me) Job moment. How I seen community of a church wrap my family and I in love. Women cooking, cleaning, taking care, ministering, praying, and blessing my home and family for weeks on end.




How a month ago I couldn't drive, barely walk, eat (I lost 36 pounds in 6 weeks), couldn't function,or really be left alone. Today I am walking 2 to 3 miles a day, able to move, breathe, teach my kids, cook again, clean again. I am able to drive, and go to stores without having a major panic attack.

I am so thankful how God is bringing me through it all. Healing me bit by bit. Day by Day.  I really can't express how hard the last few months have been and I am sure I will share later on. But today I want to just share how thankful I am to be alive, well, and blessed beyond measure. How it is easy to take for granted the simple things in life. Being able to cook, take care of yourself (even washing my hair was hard) and taking care of our families.


It has made me go full force again. I have this bad habit of every time I get to feeling better I go FULL FORCE and Burn OUT again. I keep going through this lesson and for some reason can't learn it.

You would think I would know to have a pace that is balanced. But I go so long not being able to do anything (when episodes happen) and then when I get better I go 90 to nothing and crash again.



I am aiming to work better at this. It is so hard. So, this month I am planning to Journal daily something I want to do that will SLOW me down during my daily escapade of busyness. I want to have a balance of intentional living (not being lazy) but also intentional resting.

Please Join me Starting Monday here as I share my daily Journal on Intentional Resting Amongst Intentional Living.


Love you all! I have kept up with most of your blogs just not commented.



17 comments:

  1. I have been worried about you, Chrissy so it is so good to get an update. I will be praying that you learn how to pace yourself so that life becomes more balanced without all the extreme ups and downs which seem to happen. Big hugs and good to see you have surfaced once again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nanna Chel! Thank you for praying. :)

      Delete
  2. Oh, my friend, it made my heart leap with joy to see a post from you! I have missed you. :) Then I was heartbroken to hear of your struggle. Learning balance is hard!!! I am an all or nothing person so I know the struggle is real. Praying that you continue to heal and find the correct balance of getting things done, loving your family and community without destroying your health and stressing yourself out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wendi,

      I have missed you too!!!! Thank you. I sure hope I can. I am trying. It is very hard. :)

      Delete
  3. Dearest Chrissy, what a joy to see a post from you and oh my, you have certainly had your share of difficulties and trials. I rejoice to know that you are doing better, dear one. Please know that you will be in my prayers as you continue to heal and recover. The Lord makes everything beautiful in His time, sweet friend, and even when days are hard know that He is making all things beautiful.

    Love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stephanie,

      Thanks for your sweet comment and you're right He does make it right and beautiful in His time.

      Delete
  4. OH sweet Chrissy, I have missed you so much. I was thrilled to see your comment today on my blog. I rush right over to your blog to read this post. I have been praying for you...my goodness you have went through it. ((HUGS)) I was happy to read you are doing so much better. I understand you fully, I need to learn to pace myself as well. I am so looking forward to your new post. Your post are such a blessings to all of us.

    (((HUGS))) to my sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hugs to YOU to. Thanks for always encouraging.

      Delete
  5. My friend,
    I am so happy to see you back here.
    I have thought of and prayed for you often.
    May God continue to wrap you in His arms and keep you well.
    Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your prayers. I truly appreciate them.

      Delete
  6. Many prayers going out to you through this difficult time. Sometimes when things get really bad we just have to learn to give it to God to handle, he always knows best :-)
    Hugs!!!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Chrissy and welcome back. I have been worried about you my friend. I'm glad you are feeling better and are able to get out and walk and function again. I understand you on the going full force and then crashing because, as you know, I do that myself. ;) Please do try to find a balance and take time for you . Much love, prayers and lots of (((((((HUGS)))))
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debbie,
      Yes...I hope I do. I am trying. It is so hard. Hope you are well friend.
      Blessings.

      Delete
  8. Oh dear Chrissy, I too was worried about you, as you had mentioned some health difficulties on some of your last posts. So thankful that you had loving friends and family to be there with you through the worst of it and help you to get back on your feet. Taking life slow and simple, as Monica describes, sounds like a beautiful plan for you. You are in my prayers dear friend, and I'm just so glad that you are back and blogging again! HUGS!!!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome! Love your friendly comments.