This has been a unique (rough) Monday morning. We had a long weekend and to be honest all of us are super tired. We also have another long weekend ahead. I will be honest I really wanted to stay in bed and curl up and do nothing today. But not really possible and its best just to bite the bullet and move.
I will probably make it more a slower week due to the past busy weekend and an upcoming one as well. I feel a little stressed compared to last week. I didn't get a lot of my "goals" done because all week last week we had a leak in the bathroom and had to have a environmental team come in a scrub mildew in the bathroom and then walls had to be cut out.
So while last week looked (on the blog) as all things were perfect here at Keeping Home I chose not to share all our "issues" for a reason.
1. There is a enough bad and negative going on in our world
2. I follow the Lord about what to post on my blog and felt to keep it peaceful and document the good unless I feel led to share trials and storms and trust me I do have them.
3. I am trying to find the joy amongst chaos and trials.
Today I am sharing how in the first hour of my day I had a stove fire that terrified me. I was boiling eggs and the pan was to shallow and I put a little oil in my eggs to help them peel. I walked out for a minute and heard cracking and smelled smoke and discovered flames when I came back. I took care of it. Thankfully nothing was damaged. My pot was a little scarred but it is all good. After that scare I went to make my bed up and discovered a lizard. Lets just say I think the whole neighborhood heard me. I am deathly terrified of lizards. I can't stand them. I know they are useful and all that but I do NOT like them. After I dealt with 5 minutes of trying to catch it. YES!!!!! 5 or more minutes of running and screaming with a broom. My kids were rolling in laughter and then screaming as it was jumping and running at them.
We handled the little thing. I will not share how. *Smiles*
By this point I felt I was going to have a panic attack..HAHAHA! I am truly real. So, I decided to go back to bed. No....I am kidding. I grabbed a cup of hot cocoa and sat down to blog here for some peace and reprieve. *Smiles*
But this is what awaits me...
I wore this super cute lacy vest with a floral dress for church last night. I just loved how it looked draped over my suitcases I have for décor.
Goals for this week are small because I simply need to pace myself for health reasons and a busy week and weekend to come.
Goals for the week are...
1. Pay bills
2. Organize papers, files, and records
3. Update Calendar for February and set Goals and Habit
4. Save or earn $20 put in Vacation Jar
I didn't get to do the living room last week as planned because of construction workers, plumbers, and environment people coming in and out for 3 days. So, I am holding off on the deep cleaning (shampooing carpet, baseboards, and etc.) until this bathroom gets accomplished. It may be a week or two. I am not sure. They just got all the mildew and mold taken care of, walls out and now I am waiting on the contractor and plumbers to fix the leak and cracks, and then put up walls and paint. It is a mess.
Oh well! I am thankful it is getting taken care of. I don't want harmful mold in my bathroom.
I hope you all had a good weekend and have a good week ahead.
I did want to share on here (for my memory) snippets I enjoyed over the weekend.
1. Serving at the church and laughing with friends
2. Watching my son play in a ball tournament and playing hard
3. Watching my daughter serve and be used at church
4. sitting on the floor teaching kids in Sunday School class
5. Watching my husband teach my oldest to grill and tie a bow tie
6. Saying yes and inviting kids over for lunch Sunday and watching them have fun