Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Books Read Final List 2016




 These are the books that I have read or completed reading since January 1st, 2016. I have a goal to read at least 12 books a year.

PRESENT by Keri Mae Lamar (EXCELLENT)

LIVING ON HIS INCOME by Mrs. Sharon White

DETOX YOUR HOME by Katie from Wellness Mama

DIY PERSONAL CARE PRODUCTS, 5 Simple Natural Recipes by Nina Nelson from Shalommama.com (E-Book)

TRUST YOUR INTUITION by Jenni Wilson (E-Book)

STEPPING HEAVENWARD by Elizabeth Prentiss (EXCELLENT)

AMISH MIRACLE by Beth Wiseman, Ruth Reid, and Mary Ellis (GREAT read)

A SLOW BURN by Mary E. Demuth  (This book was ok. The story takes a long time and I felt it was entire book on the same thing (just went in circles about the same woman) for 80 chapters (YES...80!) This book is part of a Trilogy. I didn't read the First one. I started with the second. I will not read the last. I love Trilogy books but this one is not the one for me.

LESSONS AT BLACKBERRY INN Adventure with the Gentle Art of Learning by Karen Andreola (Sweet read)

MOTHER'S HOUR by Mrs. Sharon White

RED DOOR INN by Liz Johnson (fun read)

40 DAYS OF DECREASE by Alicia Britt Chole (EXCELLENT LIFE CHANGING)

Completed the Book of Psalm (Bible Reading) 4/3/16

Snowflake Sweethearts by Carrie Turansky

Christmas Mail Order Brides

The Greatest Gift by Ann Voskamp ( I read 85% of this devotion during December)

The Homesteader's Sweetheart by Lacy Williams

Walking (Get Fit)

Magnolia Duchess by Beth White

Lethal Legacy by Irene Hannon

Deadly Pursuit by Irene Hannon

Mermaid Moon by Colleen Cobble

Seagrass Pier by Colleen Cobble

The Seven Experiment by Jen Hatmaker

Several books of the Bible!


Books that I started in 2016 and plan to complete in 2017

Slow Lane by Monica Wilkinson (I am about 75% finished with this)

The Broken Way by Ann Voskamp

The Life Giving Home by Sally Clarkson (I love this but it is set up different and so it is taking me a bit to read it)

The Last Child in the Woods by Richard Louv

Early Morning Revival Challenge by Sharon White (WONDERFUL)


 Now....I have to say there are several more books I have read and sadly I didn't record them. I am sad because I read part of a series from the library and cannot for the life of me remember the name of them or the author and they moved them so I can't finish them.

I also read way lots like over 25 read alouds to the kids. A couple of our Favorites were My Side of the Mountain by Jean Craighead George, An Orange for Frankie by Patricia Polacco, and James Herriot All Creatures Great and Small Treasury Book.

What about you any favorite books you read?

My favorite was PRESENT by Keri Mae Lamar (EXCELLENT), The Homesteader's Sweetheart by Lacy Williams and Early Morning Revival Challenge by Sharon White.

4 comments:

  1. Great list! I have not been good about reading books this past year for the most part. I have however been reading lots of blogs...does that count? ;) One of the books that I do read every Winter is "The Long Winter" part of the Little House on the Prairie series. I read it to my kids as a read aloud book when they were younger and now read it for myself. This year I hope to read through the Anne of Green Gables series as well as the Wizard of Oz series. Those will be my fiction reads along with any other books I may find interesting. For my non fiction it will be my bible, some devotions and self help books, gardening, frugal living and of course my addiction to cookbooks has me reading a lot of them also. :) Be blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gave up on The Life Giving Home. I just couldn't get into it. I tried several times. I ended up skimming it and then putting it into my sell pile.

    My favorite series of books is by Laurine Snelling it starts with the Red River of the North series and then spins off in a total of 21 books so far. I just finished the last one and love them so much that I keep every one. The main character Ingeborg is so charming that I want to be her! ;) If you ant to check them out here is a link
    http://www.laurainesnelling.com/html/books.html

    We are heading to the library Friday and I will see if I can find Present. I need to add to my reading list as I have many, many inspirational fiction books at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Present is so great. It was so good. I can relate of the Life Giving Home. I'm having a hard time with the format. I love the moral of it but I it so full and I find it hard to read it all because it's a monthly format. I couldn't retain it if I did and then I don't stick to monthly reads.
      Your series sounds right up my alley.

      Delete

Welcome! Love your friendly comments.