Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Enjoying Nature Lessons from God

Yesterday was Art class for the kids so I headed to my favorite park for some study, prayer, and nature walking. Today was exceptionally beautiful. I took my camera and headed on a little walk and came to the stream that runs in the center of  the park.

It was so pretty at first but as I began to walk along the way I noticed that its flow was being blocked by massive piles of leaves and debris as well as some trash.  It sadden me because it was so pretty when I first came to the stream but the more I walked along the more trashed and blocked up the stream was.

I had prayed that I would learn something in nature that day before the walk and once I seen this I knew God was impressing upon my heart that often our lives or shall I say our heart and souls can become cluttered up, clogged, and blocked by debris of life, sin, and etc. Our lives our meant to flow freely in Him. It is very important that we do not let the cares of this world, sin, and just plain life to stop Him from freely flowing in our lives. Our lives should be bubbling over and freely flowing for others to see Jesus in us and for us to embrace all He has for us.




I want to be like a flowing and bubbling brook for Jesus for the world and for my family.

"The words of a man's mouth are as deep waters, and the wellspring of wisdom as a flowing brook."
-Proverbs 18:4

I collected a rock from the little stream and I plan to write bubbling brook on it with a paint marker as a reminder of this sweet moment with the Lord and nature.

Have you just went out and ENJOYED HIM in NATURE lately?  I encourage you to take a quick moment today to do so. You never know what the Lord may use to teach you in His wonderful nature.

Blessings,
Chrissy

8 comments:

  1. My dear, sweet Chrissy, what a beautiful post. I have always enjoyed being alone outside surrouned by God's glorious nature. It's as if the world falls away and it's simply just you and Him.

    Thank you for this wonderful post. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stephanie! I agree that being in nature makes time stand still. That scripture, "Be Still and Know I am God" seems to flow all around me when I am outdoors.

      Hugs to you as well.

      Delete
  2. What a special lesson from the Lord! It is true that we can allow so much in our lives to distract and even block the presence of the Lord in our hearts. It is hard work to get rid of the blockage, but the end result so worth it. Makes you wonder if the blocked stream will be cleaned come spring?
    Glad that you and the Lord had some special time together today! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes... Spring always brings new life. A resurrection of sort.

      Delete
  3. "It is very important that we do not let the cares of this world, sin, and just plain life to stop Him from freely flowing in our lives." I really needed to read this today. At the moment I am feeling weary and trying to not let the weight of the world and life steal my joy. I feel like I am in one of those challenge phases. As hard as they are I know that they are necessary to help me to continue to lean on Him. I am leaning hard on Matt 11:28 and 1 Thes 5:18

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad that you came by to visit. I actually have been thinking of you lately. Hang in there. Bless you.

      Delete
  4. Lovely post I was thinking along those lines this morning. I love going on a nature walk talking one on one with our Lord. Praying for you Wendi! Blessings

    ReplyDelete

Welcome! Love your friendly comments.