Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Enjoying the Warm

We have had lovely weather in the middle of January. I am soaking it up. We all are. Last Friday I took the kids for a quick picnic at the park and we flew Ethan's Drone. That was fun!


I also curled up on a bench and enjoyed reading Ann Voskamp's The Broken Way. It is a good book. Full of quotes I love. It is a little hard to read but she has a  unique style of writing. I always enjoy it once I get locked in.








On Tuesday my younger children go to an Art Class. I have an hour or really a little less to kill a little time. I use this day to have a slow moment usually. I bring a book and a good drink (hot cocoa, sprite, or water) and sit at a park that is 3 minutes from their class. I sit in my car and roll the window down and enjoy the breeze and the scenery and read. This Tuesday was simply beautiful. So, I did just that. Just soaked in the word and a book.





We are now heading into a few days of rain. Lots of it. I actually enjoy rainy days. A few here and there are so cozy!!! I am planning on cooking Turkey and Rice tonight.

What is on your menu plan??

Blessings,
Chrissy




16 comments:

  1. I enjoy my time in afternoon carline more when the weather is nice and I have the windows down. I find it refreshes me. Tonight I will grill some pork chops. I haven't decided on the sides yet. I am in one of those nothing really sounds good to eat kind of moods.

    I really enjoyed chatting today. I am super glad you suggested it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chrissy, your weather and day sounds wonderful. We eat out at the Mexican restaurant it was a nice treat from having to cook. I love slow days also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is windy and raining here in Northern California, so we are having homemade Vegetable Beef Soup, Caesar Salad and Sour Dough rolls.....and maybe a piece of See's Candy..Yummy.
    I love rain and a cozy home...I feel blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's hard for me to imagine such nice January weather with all the snow on the ground we have here! Sounds like a wonderful way to soak up some sun and enjoy a good book! I remember the days of waiting for my kids when they took piano lessons, and I carried my "bag of books" with me, so I would always have something to do while I waited. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can only imagine. I do miss the snow. I used to live in Midwest so I can remember many snow days. But I will not complain about the weather here. It is lovely.

      Delete
  5. I love the 'slow.' Its so important in our lives. We must stop the rush, rush, rushing around.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a fun day. We are enjoying beautiful weather too! (Though still not as warm as you but that is okay - we don't really want to lose all of our snow.) My oldest son enjoys flying drones as well. On the menu - Bread is rising and Beef Tongue (it really isn't as bad as it sounds - in fact it is pretty good) is cooking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can honestly say I have never had that. ☺ have a super weekend

      Delete
  7. Such pretty photos ❤️
    I redid our address book a year or 2 ago but it needs it again. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just popped over to our blog when I saw your comment on my Delightful Dozen post! Thanks for stopping by! And, WHERE did you get this shirt? I absolutely LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That should have read "your" blog, I type faster than I think sometimes. :)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome! Love your friendly comments.