Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Handwriting, SnickerDoodles, and Warm Days

Hello friends! I pray you all are having a wonderful week. We are in the middle of it now so we can turn it around if not!! It is all about perspective, right? *Smiles*

I had a CHALLENGE last Friday for you all and myself to handwrite an old fashion letter. I wrote one of my dear friends that lives very far away. We used to live by each other but I have moved two times in the past 5 years and each time I moved further away. We used to meet up monthly for our kids to play and we would fellowship.


I enjoyed decorating my paper, and coming up with things to say. I mainly just gabbed about things I am learning from home. She is like me in a lot of ways when it comes to homemaking. She really is the only friend I can actually talk to about anything...even toilet paper. *Smiles* We often laugh at each other. We used to talk daily on the phone, then our kids got older and homeschool is more demanding so we talk a few times a month (maybe)! She sent me a sweet text last week saying how much she missed me. So, when I was thinking of who I was going to write she popped in my mind.



The weather has been so much different from the past cold, icy, and wet weekend. It has been lovely and warm with breezes. So, I let up the windows in the home today to air out the house and grabbed hot cocoa and got to writing. I can say I need to work on my penmanship. I can tell it isn't as pretty as it used to be.

Have you wrote your letter?  If not I encourage you! It was so sweet to do it.


I am making Snickerdoodle cookies for my oldest today. They are his favorite. I am also making Mexican Bowls. This was a meal I made up from items out of my pantry a long time ago. We were short on cash and I got creative. My family loved it so we make it every now and then.


Around the home today we homeschooled and did our grab 3 items Wednesday to donate or trash. We did this last week and it worked so well I decided to make every Wednesday Clutter Buster Days during January. We basically just grab a bag and I put it by the front door and we add a few items to get rid of.


You should try it!

Blessings,
Chrissy

5 comments:

  1. I love grab 3 items Wednesday! I am working on organizing and doing a deep de-clutter. I might have to steal that idea and make it a monthly things around here once I am done.

    I admit I might be a little bit envious that you had your windows open. :) That is one of my favorite things. We are preparing for a large drop in the temperature starting tomorrow and ice this weekend. It will most likely be another Sunday we miss church. Ugh!

    Take care my friend, and enjoy your homemaking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember all to well the Midwest temps.

      Delete
  2. I love handwritten letters and cards and we actually do them quite regularly in our home. I still have our girls write thank you notes as well. There is just something so special about a handwritten letter. :-) Love the idea for decluttering, we are planning to have a Spring yard sale so have begun sorting for that. Have a great week!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do thank you cards too. I plan to encourage my children to do more of this.

      Delete
  3. I haven't had a snickerdoodle in forever. They sound yummy.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome! Love your friendly comments.