Monday, January 23, 2017

Monday Chat~Blueberry Cake & Weekend Recap

Hello everyone! I hope you all had a lovely weekend. Our weekend was pretty good. We had bad weather in our area and we had to even get into our closet during a tornado warning. The rotation was right above our town but it did not touch. The south of US was really hit hard by severe weather. A area about an hour from us had a very bad tornado that claimed lives and injured people. I pray for the those in this time. This has made me aware we need to be more prepared for Emergencies!

On a lighter note Friday our two oldest had a youth event. My daughter moved up into the youth group ministry...sniff!!!!!!! I am still feeling really upset about this. I know it is silly but I just really had a hard time with her getting older. *Smiles* I am thankful she is happy and healthy!!! Just wish I could keep her sweet innocence wrapped up for her. But the course of life doesn't allow it. Anyway, since both of them were at the event we took our youngest for some special time (rare) with just us and we went and had breakfast for dinner. His favorite! Waffles and bacon. We then came home and played a game.

I finished one of my books I have been reading. Check the tab in the top for updates on the books I have read this year so far. I have read 3 books since January 1st already.

Ethan (oldest) had some guy friends crash here after the youth event and the next morning they devoured a Blueberry Cake I made. I had some blueberries and looked up a really quick and easy recipe and it was really good. The link to the recipe is here.





Saturday was lovely before the rain came in. I took Hannah to a birthday party and I went browsing and used some gift cards while she was at her party. Then I came home and me and the hubby went on a nice long walk and sat on the deck and grilled chicken breast and sausage. I made fried potatoes and onions. We ended the night with Little House on the Prairie Movies and reading.



Sunday was rainy and we enjoyed church and I warmed up all the food we had left from grilling and made Snickerdoodle cookies. We took a quick walk before the rain came in.

I hope you had a lovely weekend. I got all my housework done that I plan to do today. I have an errand later in the day. I will be making roast, rice and gravy, and lima beans for dinner.

What about you? Your weekend?  Supper plans? Your plans for the day?

Goals for this week

Find a way to cut $25 a month. I am starting small.
Begin a plan for Emergency Preparedness
Start a Vacation Jar
Deep Clean Living Room (clean baseboards, shampoo carpet, shampoo couch)
Do a Tea Party with the kids
Finish the book The Broken Way

Do you have any goals for the week??

Have a super day,
Chrissy

12 comments:

  1. Glad you got some reading done! That is so satisfying to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So thankful you were okay through the storm! Tornadoes wreak such terrible havoc! It is good to have an emergency plan, for sure. So wonderful that you have read 3 books so far this year, that is a feat I have yet to get around to. Your Saturday and Sunday sound like very special ordinary times, the best! I love to eat grilled food, and to relax. I made gumbo Saturday night, and we enjoyed the leftovers for Sunday lunch, so nice. Hugs to you today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so thankful too! Gumbo sounds great. Hugs to you too.

      Delete
  3. My friend...
    I so enjoyed this post!
    I love about your days, and meals, and cozy times.
    Your meal sounds delicious!
    Guess what we had?!
    Hotdogs and macaroni and cheese!!!!
    It was one of those days around here. : )
    My goals for this week...
    Clean and organize bedrooms
    Deep clean our bathroom
    Pack away all Flynn's Christmas themed toys and stuffed animals
    Dr. appointment for three youngest...
    Involving shots... Ugh
    And hopefully a nap or two!
    Have a cozy evening, my friend.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love a good ole hot dog and mac and cheese meal. We had this a few weeks back. Dr. Appointments are my least favorite things to do. I know they have to be done but those and dentist appointments are just not at the top of my list that I want to do. *Smiles* Hugs to you!

      Delete
  4. I enjoy your chatty posts so much. I feel like you've picked up the phone and cradled it on your shoulder while you work.
    We had a nice weekend. We got to go on an outing Saturday in Branson, Missouri. We did a couple of free activities and went for lunch at Chick Fil A. We had an awesome time with God at church Sunday.

    I shared some of my plans for the week on the blog today. I have a feeling they were rather ambitious. I didn't get much done today except laundry!
    Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tend to be chatty! *Smiles* I always blame it on being at home with kids all day. Hahaha! How fun to go to Branson. We are planning a small family vacation there. Do you live close by?

      Delete
  5. Hello Sweet Chrissy, We had a nice lunch out on Sunday after church, came home and rested up for the P.M. service. We had creamy mash potatoes, green beans, fish or chicken, salad, chocolate cake with white icing and soup if you had room..LOL it was a buffet at a neat little place called Creek Side.

    This Week Goals:
    Learn Watercolors
    Keep working on reading the Bible through this year
    Study for my Sunday School Class
    Jail Ministry on Friday
    Deep clean the Kitchen & daughter room
    Family time each evening.

    Tonight, I made a simple supper: Mash potatoes top with onions, a hot dog and melted cheese over it..and corn salad for the side.
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a nice Sunday lunch for sure. Jail ministry? How interesting. I would love to hear more about that. Supper sounds good.

      Delete
  6. It sounds like a lovely yet busy weekend. Our children grow up so quickly. I miss having my home filled with our kid's friends.

    My weekend was spend resting for the most part recovering after my colonoscopy. For whatever reason, it threw my body into a CFS flare and knocked me out pretty good. By Monday I was feeling better and here it is Tuesday and I was able to return to working with some of my favorite young children this morning. Having 2 of them run up and give me big hugs after not seeing them during the Christmas break just warmed my heart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome I am glad you got to go do something you enjoy. You help with MOPS, right? It is such a wonderful ministry.

      Delete

Welcome! Love your friendly comments.