Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Who knew? It may not take as long as you think to get something done!

Hello friends! I hope you had a good Monday. We had a typical day here at Keeping Home. Just the way I like it.

I shared a few posts back that my habit for the month of January was to work on not procrastinating. Well...it is much easier to set that goal compared to doing it.  Hahaha!

I noticed my drawers in my bedroom needed some TLC but I kept ignoring it. I kept pushing it on to the next day to do list. Well, last Friday I just decided I would set a timer for 15 minutes and see if I could beat the timer. It was more like a race for me.



 I set the timer for 15 minutes and do you all know it took me 14 minutes and 30 seconds to clean  those drawers out and organize them??? They look so much better.




So, how many projects do I procrastinate that I really could accomplish in a small amount of time? I kept thinking the drawers were going to be a long project and really it wasn't.  Now....I know that some projects do take more time but I think we would be amazed at how many little things we can do in a small amount of time that makes big dividends in our home.

I plan to set my timer again and do a cabinet or an area that needs some order.  I found it fun to try and beat the timer. Want to join me?  Do you have an area that is screaming to you to clean out or organize? It may not take as long as you think to get something done.

Blessings,
Chrissy

12 comments:

  1. Isn't it amazing that something can be bugging us and we keep putting off tackling the project only to find that it really took very little time to get it done? Today I took a whole minute to cut dryer sheets in half to make them stretch farther. I did that while watching a video. Yesterday I made more syrup...that took a total of about 4 minutes of hands on time. Sure it simmered away on the stove for about 20 minutes reducing down, but that was not hands on time so it left me free to do other things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is amazing. This challenged me to try more things.

      Delete
  2. First, I am going to set a 15 minute timer for a general house prep for guests!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I do!
    In fact...it is the same as yours!
    My dresser drawers will be first on the list!
    Then...the bathroom drawers!!!
    Have a cozy evening!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go! It looks amazing now! My drawers are in order, but I do have a pile on the top of the dresser I need to take care of. Probably can't get to it this busy night, but I will do it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've found that many times the thought of it being a big thing is just in my head! Once I decide to do it, I often wonder why I put it off for so long!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!!! It really amazed me. It makes me feel crazy for putting it off too.

      Delete
  6. Great Job. I've been doing Power Hour Mondays with Kimberly from STYLEMOMXO on you tube-I get so much done in an hour an no longer feel guilty if I'm not constantly cleaning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so true! I have used a timer before too. When something looks overwhelming or I just am tired and I think - I don't have time to do that whole job then a timer gives me an out. That I only have to do it for so long. But often times I am surprised at how little time it actually takes. Also once I get started working on it many times I keep working on it after the timer goes off because I am having fun and it feels so good to get it done.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome! Love your friendly comments.