Friday, February 3, 2017

Challenge Friday~Kindness

Hello everyone!! I have come down with a bad cold and bug. Yay! I started this week with a Stove Fire, Lizard in my bed, walls being ripped out of my bathroom and ended it with a cold. But not all is bad as it seems. There was for sure pockets of grace, joy, and goodness. Thank the Lord.


Last week I challenged us to say YES more. You will have to read the past post. I don't mean to busyness per se or being ran over by others. But more like saying yes to a child wanting to snuggle, bake something, or lend a hand when you rather stay in bed.

This month for our Character Focus with the kids we are working on Kindness. I will share about this next week. So, what a perfect challenge for us to practice this as an adult.

Challenge- Do one RANDOM ACTS OF KINDNESS this week. Use your imagination.

Ideas are all over pinterest and blogs.

A few...

bake a goodie and deliver to someone in your neighborhood you really don't know

tape dollars on a vending machine

take some cards, lotions, puzzles, or socks to the nursing home

put carts up in the parking lot

pass out homeless bag

leave diapers and wipes on a baby changing station in a store

take a meal to someone in need

help load groceries in the car for an elderly

take a treat to community workers

take a treat to your doctor offices, dentist, or people that help you

take flowers to someone that you know needs some sunshine

Last week I took sunflowers to the librarian that I have become to know in the past year a little. She has been having a hard time and I felt led to get her a happy. The smile on her face was so rewarding.

Also, there are things you can do inside the home for those closest to you.

Leave a little note and treat in your husbands car

Make up your child's bed or do a chore for them of theirs

Bless your husband in someway.



Blessings,

Chrissy

9 comments:

  1. Aww so sorry your under the weather..Get Well Soon sweet friend. I like this idea of kindness. What a great list on how to show kindness to others. Life is great at keeping us busy, that we forget to take the time to show kindness. We have to keep it before us and just do it.

    I hope you feel better soon,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well,
    If we were neighbors, my act of kindness would be to deliver some homemade chicken soup, fresh bread, and a pan of brownies to you!
    As it is, please accept my prayers that next week finds you healthy and cozy.
    Hugs, my friend. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry that you got hit with the crud. (((((HUGS)))) I love all your suggestions for little acts of kindness. You were so sweet to brighten the librarian's day. God bless you my friend and praying you recover quickly from the crud.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, so sorry to hear you now have a cold! How sweet of you to bless the librarian with some happy sunflowers! I love the ideas you shared. A lady who I do not know in our community had her baby at home, and there were complications, and so I will be taking her food and helping her out this week with childcare for her other children. It always is such a good feeling to be able to do something to help someone out! Hugs to you today, may the blessings of the Lord be rich in your heart :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, how nice. It is so awesome to rally together when we need help.

      Delete

Welcome! Love your friendly comments.