Monday, February 27, 2017

Monday Chat-Daniel Fasting and Battling the Blahs

Hello everyone!  I hope you are all well. It is raining here today. I can't complain we have been blessed with beautiful weather for weeks. I actually enjoy a day of slow drizzle rain.

This day has found me kind of blah. I have been battling the blahs coming on for about a week now. As most of you know I have a history of depression and anxiety. I do good for a while and then I have a season that will hit me. I try hard to take measures that will help me during the blahs. A balance of rest and exercise, eating more fruit and veggies, cutting back on junk, and praying more. I notice my waves of this comes after busy days or periods. I begin to get anxious and that gives me so many symptoms and then I get blah because I feel I can't do what I want/need to.





On a lighter note my husband and I started the Daniel Fast until Easter. I pray we can hold out. We always start well but due to money and flesh we give in. I will be honest it can be expensive to eat healthy and I know there is debate on it. I also know that the investment is worth it for your health. But we will leave it at that for I know first hand how hard it can be to afford healthier options.

I will share five things I need to do today because this is what helps me accomplish things when I feel blah and when I have a hard time getting motivated. A long list can cause me to be overwhelmed.

1. Pray and Read the Bible
2. Straighten Home
3. Make a menu
4. Grocery Shop
5. Take a walk


This type of list above is what I scale back to when I am dealing with what I call the "funk". I will wake up and make a small list like this and do it. Then around lunch I will make a list of 3 things small to do. This helps me stay committed to my health, spiritual walk, family, and our home running.

Blessings,
Chrissy


18 comments:

  1. I am sad to hear you are entering a blah phase. You know that I struggle myself. Stress and not getting proper rest is trigger for me. I will pray it passes quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you feel better soon.. I know the winter months don't make it easy either. Hopefully warmth and sunshine of the Spring will help things to improve for you. :-) We did the Whole 30 diet and felt better and lost weight but it was so expensive we have now fallen back off of it but just trying to make healthier choices. Take care and know better days are coming!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never heard of the Daniel fast before, although I could guess what it would be from the Bible story. :) I actually switched my family to eating that way recently and it's been hard but so much better for our health. If you are looking for recipes, feel free to drop me a line. I have collected quite a few!

    I need a reboot on our eating. I have let too many treats sneak in and I am not feeling as well lately.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chrissy my daughter went on the Daniel diet a while back but it did get very expensive. As I try not to eat sugar I find it easier if I don't buy any food that is too tempting and that makes it easier. I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chrissy, I haven't heard of the Daniel Fast before. If I google it, will I be able to find out information? Sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. (((Hugs))) to you, I will be praying for you sweet friend. Focus on one day at a time. Don't think about tomorrow. God will walk with you. I love your list of things to do, keeping it simple works for me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chrissy, I am praying for you, that you will keep the truth ever before you and that you will not listen to the lies of the enemy of your soul.

    God delights in you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dearest Chrissy,
    I will pray for you.
    I suffer from anxiety as well.
    It can sneak right up on you, can't it?
    My triggers are any type of doctor visit or procedure.
    I am finding the app Calm to be very helpful.
    Have a cozy evening, my friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Yes...it can sneak up on you. Ugh!

      Delete
  9. Depression kicks me in the butt a lot, too. I listen to this guy on YouTube named Douglas Bloch. His stuff is helpful. Also, I have found that brisk walking helps. Hope u feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing. Walking does help.

      Delete

Welcome! Love your friendly comments.