Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Homeschool Happenings-Science Lab Field Trip

Our homeschool group took a trip two weeks ago to a local university where they opened their labs to do chemistry demos and biology demos. The kids had a really good time. We had some refreshments afterwards. We aren't really big "science" people (we love history) and I was not sure this would be a field trip we really would like but we had a splendid time and they learned a few things.





Aren't these science cupcake toppers so adorable??!!


 Kyle with a couple of his friends. Kyle is the one on the far right.



Working with a sheep brain. My kids were very disturbed by this.



Ethan got an EKG as well as my youngest Kyle.


Kyle touching a sheep heart.



Hope you have a good day. It is raining here. I got chicken taco's cooking in my the crockpot. I have been revisiting Mrs. Laine's Letters. I cleaned our bathroom. Finally it is finished being remodeled after our leak and mildew issue. It is all fresh and clean.

Blessings,
Chrissy

9 comments:

  1. What a neat place to visit. Girl, what little time I have found reading Mrs. Laine's letters has inspired me.I have to wait my turn for the computer. I wish I had them printed out like Wendi had them done. I wonder where she got those done at? It is raining here as well, I have enjoyed this spring like rainy day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know. She sent me a copy when I hosted that book swap.

      Delete
  2. Chrissy, what a great field trip! When we homeschooled, we were all about science. History took a back seat but I learned so much while teaching them. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like a neat place ! They enjoyed I bet !! ❤️❤️❤️Love yall ! Nana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a fun time for the kiddos, and I am now craving chicken tacos : ) have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, a sheep's brain! And an EKG, wow, quite the day! So fun for your kids to get to experience this! Who knows, you might have a science buff in your midst, Kyle looks pretty amazed at that sheep brain, lol! Chicken tacos sound wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun field trip! I want to go too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome! Love your friendly comments.