Saturday, March 25, 2017

Meals For Those In Need

Hello everyone! I am sorry for not being regular here. I will say... I am proud I am at least posting weekly. *Smiles* I have been busy in a good way.  We started school back after spring break which I mentioned earlier this week and that really took a lot of my time. My son had mid terms and he had my computer most days and it was hard to really pop on and blog about.

Another thing that has kept me busy is making meals for others as well as for my family. I had a friend sick, and two widows that the Lord put on my heart. I made a couple of things and delivered the food to them. Who knew such a small thing ministers to someone. This has been a eye opener for me. I am limited to a lot of outside ministry due to my season of motherhood. But making a meal and visiting a bit is something I can do. The kids loved delivering it with me and it was a good time for me to teach them that we can be hands and feet to those in need.



I made Chicken and Rice, green beans, bread, and banana pudding for them. It was super good they all said. I made the same for my family as well but I did a peach cobbler instead of pudding because we had that recently.


Banana Pudding

6 ripe bananas
1 small (8oz) sour cream
1 small cool whip
2 large instant vanilla pudding mixes (make with milk according to instructions)
2 boxes of vanilla wafers

Make pudding as directions instruct. Slice bananas. Mix cool whip, sour cream, pudding, and bananas all together. Layer a 9 by 13 pan or a large bowl with wafers on bottom. Pour in half pudding. Layer wafers again and then pour remaining of pudding mixture on top of them. Top with wafers.
Yummy!!!



I love this wooden tray. It is fits two 9 by 13 pans and is perfect for traveling and delivering food. My husband brought it home from work. It was a lid to a wooden box. It works perfect for preventing spills and carrying more than one thing at a time.

What is your favorite meal to make for someone?

Blessings,
Chrissy


12 comments:

  1. I had a thought the other day. When I make chicken soup, I ought to make extra and share it with someone.
    Be blessed,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I plan to be more sensitive to this. It truly is a ministry.

      Delete
  2. What a great thing to do for others. I like to take meals around too. Because we eat vegan, I try to make something "normal" for them that they'll recognize, like tacos or chili. I always just make double so my family has some too, and it's almost no trouble!

    I love that you used disposable dishes. Getting a meal is great, but not having to return the dishes makes it even better. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dianna,

      Chili and Tacos are a great idea. I stock up on containers at the Dollar Store. :)

      Delete
  3. Chrissy, what a blessing you are. I am sure that those meals were greatly appreciated as was your kindness. That tray does not look like a wooden box top! Wow!

    I wanted to let you know that I am having my giveaway drawing for one of the Simple Stories planners that I posted about a while ago. If you have time, stop by and enter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hospitality at its best! Taking food to others is a wonderful ministry.
    Such a blessings what you all are doing for others Chrissy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love to make meals for others! It's something I can do that doesn't require a huge commitment. In this season and with my personality (easily stressed when over scheduled) it works well for me. I try to keep toss away pans in my pantry so there is no worry about returning dishes. My go to dish is pasta bake (usually lasagna), salad, and a pan of brownies. After my heart surgery I was provided dinner for five days. I can tell you first hand what a blessing this is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a wonderful way for us to minister. I can also vouch of the blessing when I had my surgery a while back.

      Delete
  6. I would love to have your chicken and rice recipe. My nephew is having surgery in a week and I am going to make meals for my SIL's family. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome and definitely something we all need to be more mindful of!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome! Love your friendly comments.