Monday, March 27, 2017

Monday Chat-Back to the Grind

Hello everyone! We are BACK TO THE GRIND!! We have 9 more weeks!!!


We had a good weekend. It was somewhat "slow" and much needed. We only school Four Days a week in our home and it is such a blessing because I need that day to do projects, errands, or sometimes just relax and read.

Friday was one of those days. I caught up on a lot of reading, studying, prayer, and resting. I did few chores but mostly I relaxed. The kids all had things going on so this allowed me to rest peacefully. *smiles*

Friday night we had a multicultural church service and it was wonderful. I made a quick dinner of meatball subs.

Saturday morning I rested in and read some more and then did my weekly house cleaning, grocery shopped, and prepared for Sunday School class. My husband and I took a nice walk. My youngest son and I snuggled for while. I took my daughter to get some shoes that she has been saving for and then we treated ourselves to Sonic. My husband wasn't hungry, my oldest was at work, and my youngest was skating with family friends.

Sunday was church and a nice dinner of roast and helpings. A nice long conversation with the hubs and a walk. Ended the night after church again with a PBS show, Inspector Lewis.

I woke up late today. I didn't sleep well at all last night. I feel off kilter today. But we are back to the grind none the less. I have several things I have been procrastinating so I am going to make a list to post tomorrow and try to blog about it to have some accountability.

Do you have anything you need to do this week you've been procrastinating?

Blessings,
Chrissy

6 comments:

  1. It's still spring break here. I have the afternoon off as Megan is at my parents' with her cousins for a few hours. I have a headache so it is a nice for me to be able to chill out a little bit.

    I am knee deep in laundry this week. The tub of warm weather clothing was pulled out for Megan this weekend. I have a bag to donate and am washing what still fits. We did some shopping this weekend to fill in the gaps. Maybe that is why I have a headache?! I can't wait to have it all sorted, washed and put away.

    It sounds like you had a relaxing weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you had a nice restful weekend! I like your idea of schooling 4 days a week. When we first started homeschooling, we had a year-round schedule. 9 weeks on and 4 weeks off repeat and then 2 months off in the summer. It worked well for us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a warm and cosy little space here. I look forward to browsing your past postings. It looks to be a quiet week around our little cottage. Evening Blessings ♥ Teri

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually did somethings today that I had been putting off! I'm planning to post it tomorrow on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Chrissy!
    Yes...I school with Flynn four days too.
    I love the quiet day...usually Wednesday...and TRY not to fill it up with appointments and things!
    I am planning to tackle our toy and linen closets this week.
    Ugh.
    Have a cozy evening, my friend.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome! Love your friendly comments.