Monday, March 20, 2017

Monday Chat- Marine Mammal Field Trip

Hello everyone! I hope you are all well. I have been up and down but I know it will turn around. Last week was spring break here. I got a couple of things done in the home as far as cleaning. I did the laundry room, office area, files and papers, Hannah's bedroom, and the sitting entertainment area.

I didn't get all I would have like but that is okay. It is hard to squeeze in everything in a couple of days. I usually can't get a lot done while homeschooling as far as deep cleaning. Most of my projects and deep cleaning has to wait until our summer break.

We took a field trip even though we were on Spring Break and had a fun time. We headed to the coast and went to a Marine Mammal Research center and explored. It was fun. I coordinated it for our local homeschool group and it was a little stressful but it all ended up good. *Smiles* Being responsible for a large group is always nerve wracking to me. But it was fun and they all learned.

Here are some pictures from our event.









We are back in full swing here at Keeping Home with school. I have some big decisions I am praying about in regards to next year as far as curriculum and tutoring for Hannah. We are still trying to decide on the best option for her.

Today I am really just trying to get back in school mode and do basics in the home. We are having unstuffed bell pepper casserole for supper.

What about you today?  What are your supper plans?

Chrissy

9 comments:

  1. My parents went vegan for lent, so if I don't want what they're having, I'll go to a drive up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very cool. I tried to go vegan. Didn't last.

      Delete
  2. It seems that there are never enough hours in the day to get everything done. I am trying to come to grips with this and to lower my expectations and shorten my list. As much as I want things done I know in my heart Megan won't remember the perfectly clean and organized house but the time spent with her. Finding the right balance is a constant work in progress.

    Have you seen this site? https://homeschoolingwithdyslexia.com/ It sounds like she is a homeschool mom who taught a dyslexic child. She has a free ebook on her homepage. I am sure you are being overwhelmed with options and certainly don't want to add to your stress and frustation. I will continue to pray for you and Hannah.

    That looks like a fun place to visit. On the menu tonight is spaghetti and meatballs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard of it and it is a great resource. Thanks for sharing. I appreciate your prayers.

      Delete
  3. Your area offers so much when it comes to field trips. We don't have a lot to see in our state or nothing we haven't seen over and over. I love that saying Keeping Home w/ School. We are eating breakfast for supper. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you are feeling okay now, Chrissy. That looked like a great field day. Looks a bit like our Underwater World on the Sunshine Coast of Queensland Australia. Well worth a visit if you are ever over this way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chrissy, what a wonderful field trip! I love hands on experiences like that! We love stuffed bell peppers but I've never heard of unstuffed bell pepper casserole. When you have a spare moment, would you mind sharing your recipe? Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, friend.
    Hoping your days are bright and sunny. : )
    Your dinner sounds delicious!
    Have a cozy week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is hard to plan things for large groups - I understand your relief at how well it went, and that it is over! Your unstuffed bell pepper casserole sounds delicious. Always a joy to visit with you :)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome! Love your friendly comments.