Monday, March 13, 2017

Monday Chat-Spring Touches and Cutting Expenses

Hello friends! I hope you are all well. It has cooled off a lot here in my neck of the woods. I just got back from a refreshing walk with my husband. It was almost a little too cool. But it was nice none the less.

There has been little pops of Spring added to my décor. I have scaled back so much over the years. I add just little pops here and there now opposed to full fledge décor. I used to swap things out every season and holiday. That can get expensive, clutter making, and time consuming for me.




This weekend I earned $50 by dog sitting and walking. My daughter started a dog walking and dog sitting venture in our neighborhood. We never expected it to take off the way it did. But she had so many offers that all fell on the same dates (due to spring break) that she needed help with. We split the jobs.






I used the money to buy towels WHICH I found on sale. I was jumping with joy. I found beautiful towels that were thick and big that were name brand and originally $16 a piece for $4.79. We were in DESPERATE  NEED of towels and a new bath mat. Our towels were BAD!!!!

                             Blessed with a watercolor painted postcard by a blogger friend.

I also saved $59.69 a month. I cut out some expenses by cancelling a few memberships. I cancelled my gym membership, pureflix (Christian movies online), Hallmark Movies online. I was happy to start saving this.

Hope you all have a good week. I plan to do a little Spring Cleaning this week. What about you?

Blessings,
Chrissy

8 comments:

  1. Chrissy, Great work saving the $ and earning extra dog walking/sitting. I have been cleaning out closets and such in preparation for spring. It does feel good to declutter! Have a lovely evening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely!
    And you know, my towels were horrible too!
    I didn't know how bad until I got some new ones!
    Your touches of spring look so fresh and festive.
    We have a snow storm coming tonight!
    Have a cozy evening, my friend...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chrissy, your wreath is so pretty and happy looking. :) Good for you for being able to both save and earn some money. I"m thrilled for you on the deal you got on the towels. :) Be blessed my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun that your daughter's dog business has taken off! What a blessing to be able to get new towels too, and to save some money every month!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dog walking is big business, especially for people who work very long hours and don't want their dogs in all day. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Also have you heard of care.com? You can find babysitting jobs on there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the spring touches...this week our weather is very cold. I just can't get motivated when it is this cold. Next week we are warming back up. I love opening my windows while spring cleaning and bring out spring touches. What a neat way to earn some extra cash.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome! Love your friendly comments.