Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Spring Days & Unstuffed Bell Pepper Casserole Recipe

Good Tuesday everyone! Last week's Spring Break didn't feel very spring like at all. But this week...WOW! The temp's have been in the 80's! Crazy.

The kids played in the water with neighbor kids yesterday. My yard was wet and muddy but they had fun. I was cooking our supper while they played and I thought I would share the recipe since some seem interested in the comments yesterday.



Unstuffed Bell Pepper Recipe

1lb of browned ground beef
2 packs of Lipton or any brand Spanish Rice (Note- you can use plain white rice and it is great)
1 jar of spaghetti sauce
2 bell peppers chopped small
Mozzarella Cheese for topping

Brown the beef. I season with garlic powder, salt, and pepper and I add my bell peppers in halfway so they can cook a little. Not too much. I cook my rice while I am doing the beef and peppers. Once the beef and rice are done I mix them in a 9 by 13 pan and add the sauce and then top with Mozzarella Cheese and bake at 350 for 20 minutes.

That is it. Simple and good. My husband and I love stuffed bell peppers and my kids love the inside of them but not the actual pepper and I came across this recipe and it has been a perfect meal for my family. There is usually very little left.

I add French Bread to this.

Here is a little peak at my back deck. It is so welcoming! I got me a wind chime. I love it. I have been wanting one for a long time. I enjoy listening to it so much. I am not sure why but it just relaxes me.




Blessings,
Chrissy

5 comments:

  1. Spring in the air here. I am sitting on the back porch typing this while Megan plays in the yard. It is a pleasant 63*. Nice! I also enjoy windchimes. I hang three off of the back porch in the summer. I might actually hang them up today. :) The sound is soothing and I even enjoy hearing it inside on a windy day or when the windows are open. Your back porch is lovely...enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the recipe I will have to try that. Your back porch is beautiful. Like Wendi today was in the 60's..Yesterday it was 73 but hazy with very little sun. 80's sounds so wonderful. Enjoy your porch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much, Chrissy for posting your recipe. Now that's my kind of dinner! I will surely try it. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for that recipe, Chrissy.
    I posted a tuna stuffed pepper recipe today.
    Trust me...it is better than it sounds!!!
    Looks lovely in your part of the world. : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW...such warm temps! I am just longing for spring here. Your recipe sounds wonderful. I love wind chimes too. Happy Spring.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome! Love your friendly comments.