Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Update on My Father In Law

I mentioned in the previous post my father in law is battling cancer. Well, this past Sunday night he became unresponsive at home and they took him to the hospital. Little did we all know that would be his last time home. A place he treasured. Due to his condition and the health of my mother in law who no longer can care for him on her own we had to put him in hospice care. It was a very hard decision. My mother in law has been staying with me. We live local where the hospice unit is. But she lives 2 in half hours away. She also cannot drive. We (including the other sibling of my husband) live off from them so helping him on a daily basis is not possible.

This will be a huge transition for her and all of us. He has really went down. He no longer remembers us, can't walk, and barely talk. He has not eaten in days or drank anything, but this to be expected in the phase of hospice.

Please continue to pray for our family at this time. Thank you.

Blessings,
Chrissy

10 comments:

  1. Chrissy, my prayers will be with you and your family. Thank you for keeping us updated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so sorry, this must be so difficult and sad and heartbreaking,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a difficult time, I'm so sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chrissy I understand how you feel as my brother was put into a hospice before he died a few years ago. It is usually the best place to be to get the care needed. I will be praying for your family at such a sad time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. (((((HUGS)))) Chrissy and lots of love and prayers coming for all of you. I'm sure your MIL appreciates being able to stay with you so she can be close to her husband.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chrissy,
    Prayers and love for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I actually just checked in to see how he is. Hospice workers are angels. He in good hands. Praying for everyone

    ReplyDelete
  8. This must be such a hard time. Hugs, thoughts, and prayers for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a difficult time for you, I'm sure, having to adjust to all the commotion in your life, plus trying to do all you can to be with your FIL as he is cared for by Hospice. You are all in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Praying for you! That is a challenging time you are facing.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome! Love your friendly comments.