Monday, May 1, 2017

A Little Catch Up

Hello my dear friends. I appreciate all your prayers you have lifted for me and my family. We are sad to see my father in law go but the Lord knows and so we have to have hope in that.

I wanted to posted some pictures I snapped for Easter and such. Very delayed I know but I still wanted to share and have for my memory keeping purposes.










We had a nice Easter. It was hard honestly because that week my father in law went into hospice and my mother in law came to stay. It was an emotional week but we made the best of it and tried to focus on the true meaning of it all. I made a big lunch following church and we went to sit with my father in law afterwards. He was not really aware of us but it was nice to spend the time with him.



At the funeral I got almost all the grandkids together minus one and the great grandchild because they are serving in Uruguay for missions.


This box represents that we are almost finished with school and the new school books are coming to the door daily for our next year. I have now homeschooled over 10 years. I use to order all our stuff around this time and it was so helpful to have it somewhat prepared before summer so I could enjoy summer. But due to finances the last few years I had to wait. This year I went ahead and ordered most of it all and we are excited to turn a new page in our schooling. We are changing curriculums. I haven't done this in YEARS!!!!!!!

But I felt that it was a year that we needed to change, add, and take away some things and we are excited (the kids actually are) to shift into a new direction. I may regret it next year...*SMILES*!!! But I really don't think so. God has helped me in all the choices I made.

It is so good to catch up here. I hope to be more regular on and off. I know summer is approaching us and some years that means I can have more blogging time and some years it means I have NONE. We will see how this summer rolls. *Smiles*

Blessings,
Chrissy

7 comments:

  1. Chrissy, what a lovely family you have! Very nice to see all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chrissy, I agree you have a lovely family. I had to do a double take looking at you and your daughter. Your complimentary dresses are just beautiful, appropriate and stylish - just like you 2.
    I'm sorry about you FIL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought that too about your dresses, Chrissy. You and your girl looked lovely. So sorry to read that your FIL passed away. It is always a hard time for families.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I, too, love your dresses! So pretty and modern! Love the whole family being color coordinated!

    Is your mother in law still with you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deanna,

      Thank you. She has went home for now.

      Delete
  5. Chrissy,
    Such beautiful photos of your beautiful family!
    Continued prayers for your family...
    And I just received Flynn's school curriculum for next year!
    So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry to hear about your FIL, but thankful that his passing brought all the family together, special memories for sure. You have a beautiful family! :)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome! Love your friendly comments.