Monday, May 15, 2017

Feeling Special~ From a Mother's Heart

My family blessed me so very much for Mother's Day. My husband and youngest son Kyle picked out a Pioneer Woman's cup and perfume for me. My husband wrote me a letter and it was probably the best gift I have ever received. He has never done anything like that and so it was extra special.



Hannah got me the cute box with a saying on it that I love..."Start each day with a grateful heart!" She also gave me some beautiful handmade coasters from India and a special candle.


My oldest bought me a gift card to Kirkland's which is my favorite home décor store that I rarely get to go to. I am super excited to use this card as I have a coupon!!! The younger children made me cards at art and that was super special!



My husband and I took a late night stroll before the night ended yesterday. It reminded me of our walks in Solomon Islands. Oh, how I wish we could go back for mission work there.

I read this wonderful piece today out of a book called, A Mother's Heart and thought I'd share.

"The role of a mother is to help teach children right from wrong, the need for obedience, the importance of togetherness, and having celebrations (traditions) in a family, the necessity of living right before the Lord, and the need for a well balanced life. In addition, mothers are instrumental in teaching children to show hospitality, to be generous, to have good manners, and much, much more!"
~Tanya S. Edwards

I mean this is the best way I have heard it put simply of what I roles are as mother's. Really no matter what stage of motherhood we can invest and inject things into our children's lives. Even in the young adult stage.

I hope you all had a great day!

Blessings,
Chrissy


4 comments:

  1. You were treated royally! How special!

    What a lovely family you have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. O what a lovely day! You are one special lady, I am very inspired by you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So special that your husband wrote you a letter you can always treasure! And such thoughtful and beautiful gifts from your children, what more could a mother ask for! You are a blessed woman Chrissy ! I love the quote you shared too... as mothers, our job never ends! Hugs to you today :)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome! Love your friendly comments.