Friday, May 12, 2017

Muffins, Books and What Kind of Plant is this?!

When I woke up this morning it was cloudy. I took a quick walk around the lake and had to head in because the rain began to drip drop. I decided to make muffins this morning while the kids slept in and the rain began. It was cozy, quiet, and the muffins baking filled the home with such a sweet aroma.


 The kids love Muffin days. We use to have Muffins every Monday. But since we are trying to eat a little different for breakfast they have become a treat.





I used this day as our SLOW day. I curled up with my bible and books after morning chores. All our school was finished for the week, laundry was going, and each kid had their things going on or shall I say some were still sleeping.

I caught up on some reading. I finally finished Monica Wilkinson's Slow Lane Book. This is more a Bible Study/Journal/ Devotion book and it took me a long time to get through. I loved it though. I love Monica and her wonderful blog...The Homespun Heart. The book nourished me and really the end was exactly what I needed. The story of Jonah came to life for me and I can see that if I am not careful I could be like Jonah.



I am starting a new book Hudson Taylor's Spiritual Secret. I am already wanting to devour it. Now that I am finished with The Slow Lane, which I used as a Bible Study for the year so far, I am pondering what my next study/devotion will be for the summer. I always try to do a study in the summer of some sort. I read my word all year and great books as well but in the summer I usually have more time to dig in to a more in depth study. Also... that cute little notebook I got was from a dear friend. I have been journaling my food and exercise. It is the perfect size.

Before I leave does anyone know what kind of plant this is?  We got this from the funeral of my husband's dad. It has three plants in one. I know what one is but the one with the bloom I do not. Any thoughts?



 Have a wonderful weekend and a Happy Mother's Day!

Blessings,
Chrissy

10 comments:

  1. Hi, that plant looks exactly like a hibiscus. They grow outside here in Arizona and also in tropical places. Probably don't like winter...so depending on where you live, it would be houseplant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chrissy!
    Those mornings are my favorite!
    I am all about muffins, but can't help you with the plant!
    Have a beautiful Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Mrs Chrissy
    After reading your recommendation for Monica's book, I looked it up on Amazon and ordered a free Kindle version sample. I'm halfway through the sample and really like it.
    I think I am going to order a paper version and use it for my Bible study.
    Thank you for sharing it,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, it is a hibiscus plant. We had them growing in our yards in Hawaii and I love them! They do need to be an indoor plant during the colder months if you do not live in a year round hot climate but are very happy on the patio during the Summer. On another note, now I want to make muffins! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've inspired me to whip up some muffins this morning. My family will be super happy!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome! Love your friendly comments.