Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Simple Things....A Candle Flickering

Psalm 18:28 says.....
For thou wilt light my candle: the Lord my God will enlighten my darkness.

What a beautiful thought. Sometimes we have dark days. Some days we just need a little more light to shine in our lives. To be the Lamp unto our feet. The Light unto our paths. Sometimes we need that light to brighten dreary days. Sometimes we need the candle lit and flickering so bright to penetrate the darkness we may have in our own hearts.

There is nothing like a candle lit. I love the glow of a candle. The flicker. The illumination that a candle gives.





What is your favorite candle sent? I like fall smells usually year round. Cinnamon Roll, Apple Cinnamon, and things of this nature. But I also do like a nice lemon vanilla smell. I like vanilla smells too.

Blessings,
Chrissy

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Chrissy.
    I am a candle lover too.
    I love love love having a candle lit on a cozy evening.
    We also light one in the school room.
    I am a huge fan of the autumn scents.
    Yankee Candle Pumpkin Spice is my absolute favorite!
    I am not so much a fan of floral scents, but lemon is good for the summer!
    Night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chrissy, your photographs are so inviting! I love candles too. Yankee Candle is my favorite company and I'll have to think about my favorite scent. That's a hard question!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely post, my friend. I, too, love candles thought I don't burn them often.

    As for favorite scents....probably apple and pine.

    Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a candle lover as well! :) I love vanilla scents and pumpkin scents a lot! Depending on the season of the year, I like other scents as well! In the spring I like light, fresh smells. In the summer I enjoy beachy sort of smells etc!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sorry to hear about your father in law. He is at peace.
    My favorite scent is jasmine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful scripture and thought to go with it! I agree that there is something about a candle burning that does the heart good. My favorite scents are clean and fresh ones, but not too strong or overpowering. Hugs to you today :)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome! Love your friendly comments.