Thursday, May 25, 2017

Summer Mode- Full of Living Water

Hello everyone! We have entered full summer mode here and I can quickly see rhythms are a must for our home. I took this whole week off to relax, read, and be lazy. Like a mini staycation at home. *Smiles*

Of course, a woman's job is never done and I still had to clean, do laundry, cook, errands, bills, and etc. It really is a job to say the least!  But I miss our "school rhythm already. I fill a little off kilter. I can tell the kids do better with a routine as well. I am not saying a strict schedule after all it is Summer but a rhythm to our day is healthy and we plan to begin next week. I usually always take the first week or two after school is over to just to have FUN and Laze about!

I have been digging deeper in the Word of the Lord and prayer now that I have a little more time and I have been pondering the words Living Waters over and over. I was reaching a place where I was parched feeling. I am thankful the Lord woke me up and led me back to the Well.



I have been reading the Power of a Praying Woman by Stormie Omartian and it is really been a nice addition to my time in the morning with the Lord.

What about you do you have any studies going on in the Word? Devotionals?  Do you dig deeper in the summer?  Any tips or neat ideas you'd like to share to Revive Our Quiet Times??

Let us drench ourselves in the Living Water especially as the Hot Summer Days come upon us! It is a nice reminder during this season how blessed we are to know Jesus and have access to a Living Water that refreshes and quenches our thirst!

Blessings,
Chrissy

P.S. I know there are many that read that are on the other side of the world and they are facing winter. Praise the Lord that no matter what season the water is free and living and flowing!

5 comments:

  1. Chrissy, we are finishing up a study on 2 Corinthians at our Ladies Bible Study. We have 2 more weeks and I'm not sure what we will do after that. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just glad I have a car now (bought December 9th) that has the most awesome AC ever. I'm not a fan of summer at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is always wonderful to take time off and just enjoy summer, but I know what you mean about routine, there is something about it that is comforting and keeps things in order.

    Thinking on living water is a great and refreshing thought for sure, especially since summer is upon us! How wonderful that we can think every time we drink cold fresh water to be thankful for the physical water we have to drink, and the spiritual water from the Lord that satisfies our soul!

    Have a blessed Memorial Day weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I recently re-read Ann Voskamp's book: 1,000 gifts - what a great reminder to closely connect with out Lord through gratitude and praise. I do enjoy spending time in God's word no matter what the season. I have really been focusing on being aware of the Holy Spirit's presence and just spending life in conversation with our God. By the way, I love your little thing in your side bar titled "The Best Promise" - I love the way you put it and the message you are sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome! Love your friendly comments.