Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Welcoming Front Door & New Kitchen Look

Hello everyone! We have had a rainy cloudy day but we have to have those days too! I usually love to curl up and read or rest during dreary days. No luck for me at the moment. Busy is my season these days. 

I wanted to share with you some things around our home.


This wall in the kitchen used to have our homemade dry erase board.  We loved it. I used it for school, scriptures, and schedules. But I bought some dry erase markers from Dollar Tree and they were not Dry Erase. I couldn't get the marker off no matter what I used. While cleaning the board I bumped it and it fell and shattered. I couldn't find a frame I wanted. I honestly didn't have time to make another one. I came across these things and they were all super frugal prices and I put it together. The name of our school is Arrows Christian Homeschool.  I love the arrow.


I am trying to increase our fruit and veggie intake. This was what was left over after morning snack. Just the core!!!

I am plucking away on my daily bible reading. I have some skipped days but I have been more consistent than I have ever had.

These are leftover flowers from my Father In Law's funeral last week. I can't believe it has already been a week! Last week this day we buried him.


I love a welcoming front door!!! I just love it! I love this wreath. I have had it for years. I got it on sale for like $8 at Joann Fabrics.




My husband spruced up our front bed. All of them will spread out and grow. But this is the beginning stages.

I hope you all have a blessed day!

9 comments:

  1. I imagine you are enjoying the warmer weather, Chrissy. We are going into winter here soon. It is a good time for gardening for us as the heatwaves have gone for a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard you all had a scorching summer and warmer fall. I hope you have a good winter.

      Delete
  2. I really like what you've done! Isn't it great to freshen up our homes, especially inexpensively!

    The gallery wall looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so behind on my blog reading. I'm sorry to hear about your FIL's passing. ((((((HUGS)))))

    I love your little sitting area outside. It looks like the perfect place to have coffee in the morning and something cool in the afternoon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, you have been very busy. It is so fun seeing your home and learning what you have been up to lately. Happy May.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning Mrs. Chrissy, your home looks pretty and welcoming ❤️🏡❤️
    The art work is especially nice and so is the flower bed. And I really like the stone on the floor or porch around your front door.
    Hope you have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Friend! I am happy to see you making your way back into blogging. :) I have the same wreath on my front door. I bought it several years ago to use for spring. I find it super cheery and I usually leave it up until fall. Don't you love to do a little something, like the landscape or change a small area of decor, and it have a hugh impact? Everything looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you're back. I missed you. Thank you for sharing so much beauty in this post. I adore your fruit bowl.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome! Love your friendly comments.