Monday, June 19, 2017

Monday Amusements

 
We kicked off this day at the pool. Three in a half hours of sun, volleyball, and swimming. Lots of fun! I actually got in and swam almost the whole time. I don't like cold water but it was nice today.
 
 
 
 
After our swimming we headed home for lunch. We warmed up hot dogs from the grill. We overindulged in brownies. *Smiles* Then the kids cuddled up to watch a movie. I school planned.
 


The rain moved in and after the movie we pulled out some ingredients to make Moon Sand Fluff. It was a lot of fun. The kids loved it! It was only cornstarch and shaving cream.


We added food coloring for some fun and then we added sprinkles. *Smiles*



After we cleaned up I began supper. I made deviled eggs for the husband. He loves them. I then pulled all our leftovers out because we had a lot of them and we served up a hodge podge buffet. We had pork chops, hot dogs, jambalaya, noodles with browned garlic and parmesan, squash, and corn.
We had cake from Father's Day leftover for dessert.



I may need an extra walk tonight....Smiles!!!!

Blessings and thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

  1. A blog I use to read (sadly she no longer blogs) use to have a night where she cleaned out the frig and turned into the Luscious Leftover Buffet. I always chuckled when she spoke about it. She said that once she started doing that they had almost no food waste. We don't have many leftovers since I send them in Chuck's lunchbox.

    Looks like you had a good day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you had a lovely day with your sweet kiddos! A swim in a cold pool would feel heavenly right about now. OUr temps hit about 90 today. Praise God for our swamp cooler to keep our home comfortable at a fraction of the cost of AC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great day you all had, and a good ending.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chrissy, what a lovely day! I've not heard of Moon Sand Fluff before. What fun!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome! Love your friendly comments.