Friday, June 9, 2017

Share a Tip

Hello friends. I hope you all had a good week. I have a had a nice productive week and crossed some big things off my list. Yay!!!!

I wanted to share a tip. You probably already know this and may do it. But thought I'd share.

I had some bananas that were getting too ripe and I didn't feel like baking or cooking with them due to my busyness I have going on. Normally, I put them in the freezer whole and then I tend to forget about them.

I have been wanting to do smoothies. Putting a whole banana frozen doesn't work too good in a blender. *Smiles..yes, I am crazy* and I have cut them up before and stuck them in a bowl and then got one big mess of banana.

So, I cut sliced them up and froze the slices flat and then put them in a container once they were nice and frozen.  I can just grab a handful at a time or if I want to use them for a dessert or etc. I have them already sliced up and ready.


Do you have a neat and handy tip to share??

Blessings,
Chrissy

19 comments:

  1. great tip!
    my tip is to freeze ginger whole and grate it frozen as you need it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome, Chrissy!
    One thing I always do when I return from the grocery store: put the fresh fruit in easy to access...pretty...containers and bowls. I do not prewash them so they stay fresher longer. Just easier for others to choose them as snacks when they are unwrapped and front and center! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I don't have any tips on bananas, because I only buy two or three at a time, and we eat them.

    But I did an awesome job cleaning the microwave. I took a mug with 2/3 water and 1/3 white vinegar, heated it for 7 minutes, and wiping the microwave was easy as pie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Awesome! Thanks for sharing.

      Delete
  4. Cool! I will have to try this with bananas. We always end up not eating all them and then they get to ripe and if I don't make banana pudding they end being thrown away. What a waste! How do you make your smoothies Chrissy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do different ones. But info a strawberry and Nana one with yogurt and sometimes add spinach. I also do Nana's, strawberries, blueberries, and tad of orangs juice with ice blended.

      Delete
  5. That is a good idea, Chrissy. I think I have a dead banana in the freezer at the moment and it doesn't look too good. I probably should have sliced it up beforehand like you do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't tell you how many bananas I've wasted.

      Delete
  6. My oldest daughter and 7 year old grandson were here for the weekend. Grandson was playing outside with the boys next door and got a lot of chigger bites. He woke up early this morning itching and couldn't sleep. My daughter had read that a banana peel rubbed on the bites would relieve the itch and it just so happened I had one banana in the kitchen. She rubbed the peel on the bites and in about 10 minutes, the itch went away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow! Thanks for sharing. My kids have suffered chiggers bites and I would have loved to known this.

      Delete
  7. Now that is a great idea! My tip is to premeasure fruit that you are freezing into the amount that you typically use in recipes. It makes it easy to pull out premeasured blueberries, rhubarb, etc, for my baking.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So funny you should share this, I just froze a bunch yesterday! We like to add them to smoothies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea! This is a perfect size for smoothies! I also freeze lots of different fruit - pineapple, plums, strawberries, blueberries etc. and put them in my "smoothie box" aka a repurposed ice cream container, and then when making a smoothie, I have frozen fruit ready to go. I haven't done bananas like this though, great tip :)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome! Love your friendly comments.