Thursday, June 8, 2017

Yummy Breakfast & Enjoying Quiet Time

Hello readers. I am plugging away at daily to do's but I am trying to be intentional to be SLOW in the midst of it and enjoy time in the Word and in different areas daily.

One morning this week there was a light rain and I went to have my early morning bible time outside it was so nice! Until the rain began to come down hard and wind began to blow. *Smiles*


Yesterday I enjoyed some table time with a yummy breakfast. I am trying to make myself sit down and eat my meals. I always sit with the family during supper. ALWAYS. But I tend to skip breakfast or grab toast and get going in the morning. I also stand and eat lunch and walk around doing things. I made up in my mind to sit down and enjoy my meals. Even if it is for a short bit. I made a omelet with spinach, onion, and parmesan cheese. Yummy.



Then I got busy on the living room. My kids are in different areas this week. Kyle is at church camp, Ethan is working days, and Hannah is with grandma. So....I am taking advantage of it and doing projects that I can start on without interruptions or feeling torn between spending time with them besides cleaning ALL of the TIME.


All put back together. Got all the windows washed inside and out, baseboards cleaned, fans, blinds washed, curtains and pillows washed, furniture vacuumed, and everything dusted. I even rearranged.
It is fun to change things up. It is like you went shopping and it was FREE.





What are some of your favorite breakfast foods? Do you tend to sit and relish your meals?

Blessings,
Chrissy

16 comments:

  1. I do sit for my meals, but during breakfast and lunch I do computer work at the same time. Dinner we almost always sit altogether and eat.

    Your house looks good, and you are really making progress! I love to change things around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Breakfast is tough for me. I don't want to take the time to make anything. I am up and ready to start the day and it slows me down. I have to be intentional about eating something. Thankfully Megan loves crock pot oatmeal. It's great having a hearty meal ready when I wake up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I usually don't have breakfast per say but do have a nice cup of coffee to start my day off. I've never been a big breakfast eater. Jeff and I do have our dinner together most nights but lunch is usually on my own, if I remember to eat. Some days I just forget and then am super hungry late at night. Not good!

    Your house looks so nice and clean. I wish I could hire you to whip mine into shape. ;)

    Your

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I wish I could hire someone too!! Lol!

      Delete
  4. I do sit down for meals but sometimes they tend to be a bit rushed. I shall make the time to slow down. Love your decor! I think I have the same big clock as you do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. The clock is from Kirklands. I love that place.

      Delete
  5. I am like you!
    I tend to have to force myself to sit and eat!
    Breakfast?
    I am a creature of habit...Cereal...Rice Chex lately...with raspberries, blueberries, and blackberries. And coffee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to love cereal. I don't eat it hardly now. I am not sure why.

      Delete
  6. We ususally sit down to eat every meal. At breakfast, we eat toasts and coffe/milk every morning, except on Sundays, when we eat bacon and eggs!
    :)
    Loved your living rrom, is so cozy and welcoming!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I usually make a smoothie for breakfast each morning filled with berries and nutrients to get my day going. I sit down for lunch and supper meals. Your home looks very nice, enjoy your quite time with the kiddo's away.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a smoothie for me for breakfast, and like you, I find myself eating standing up more than sitting down for breakfast and lunch, but definitely sitting down for dinner. I think you really got a ton of things accomplished in one day, it feels so good to get the house cleaned and in order! I like your new living room arrangement too :)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome! Love your friendly comments.