Monday, July 17, 2017

Berry Apple Pie=Smiles

I made a pie Sunday after our lunch. We couldn't all agree on what kind. So, on one side it was apple and the other was blueberry. It was delish and great with ice cream!! It was nothing fancy because I had very little time. I just through it together. But it was great none the less.



Update on Freezer Stocking
I told you all I was planning on doing breakfast foods and I plan to do a big batch of pancakes for this week and then I may add muffins.

I had to cut on our grocery budget to purchase books for homeschool.  The great plans of freezer meals have been put on the back burner for a bit. I am going to do small plans *smiles* instead.

Tomorrow I plan to cook up the pancakes!

Bless you all!

10 comments:

  1. You are a genius my friend. I would have never thought about doing a half apple/half blueberry pie. Sounds yummy to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes those simple, thrown together treats are the best! Glad you came up with a solution to make everyone happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that sounds like a good idea. I've heard of half and half pizzas but never half and half actual pies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply great idea, understand about the budget and homeschooling. We just order ours and it cost more this year bc our daughter is now in high school. Which is so hard to believe. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, what a wonderful and tasty idea, Chrissy!

    I hope you are well and enjoying your summer, dear one. It was a blessing to pop in for a visit today. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds amazing!
    And I adore your pie dish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea, to just make a pie that suits everyone, and it looks very pretty too :) I think I would take a piece of both sides :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chrissy, I used to love getting new school books! Your pie looks delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just starting my school planning. Believe it or not! I'll have to move quickly. You know what's been distracting me!
    I think it's wonderful that you're stocking your freezer. I think I need to try to make double of some dinners and freeze them when I have a good day. Surgery is next, so I'm sure I'll want to have easy things on hand.
    Blessings from Harvest Lane Cottage
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  10. That pie looks delicious!!! I love the idea of splitting the pie. How fun. :)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome! Love your friendly comments.