Thursday, July 13, 2017

Happenings at Keeping Home~Freezer Meal Planning Underway

Hello everyone! I hope you all are well. We are enjoying our last few weeks of summer break. We "plan" to start our new homeschool year on August 7th.

I am excited to share I plan to kick off some freezer meal planning and prepping here in the next few weeks.

Do you want to join?  Next week we will do breakfast. I will choose some items I plan to make and share them on Monday and then share with you my progress throughout the week. If you would like to join me feel free to share your makings on your blog.

I know that I have these things on my mind to make....

Pancakes
Muffins
Egg Burritos or Egg McMuffins

Do you like to do freezer meals?  I haven't done them in a while but I always like to do a big batch of things before I start school just to help with meal prep and etc. I also do another round before summer. This summer I didn't I am feeling the regret. I am making sure I am for school.

The following week will be Dinner Recipes followed by snacks and quick lunch prep ideas.

Blessings,
Chrissy

7 comments:

  1. School planning is in full swing around here. I don't usually make complete freezer meals but I will cook and freeze ingredients. Like meatballs, spaghetti sauce w/meat, precooked taco meat, premade pizza toppings. I do like to mix meatloaf ahead and freeze it in a loaf shape. I then thaw and bake. No need to take time to mix it up! Looking forward to seeing what you add to your freezer. I am always looking for new ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy making freezer meals from time to time. I haven't this summer, but I need to do so for the coming fall months! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chrissy, I used to make freezer meals but now it is mostly just my husband and me. We tend to eat mostly salads and some kind of meat (usually fish or chicken). I look forward to seeing all your meal ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chrissy, you have done a great job getting ready for your school year.
    It has been very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to do that all the time. Honestly though, it's been so long that I don't remember what I did.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have only done a major freezing cooking day once. It was kind of nice but over all that isn't my style. I do however like to make doubles when I have a chance and freeze one. For instance I do currently have a homemade pizza in the freezer but I just doubled my batch and froze one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a terrific way to prep for school around the corner. I still have to finish last years records and work on plans for the coming year. Time is running short, but chemo and the resulting illness has been a bit of a distraction. Hoping to work on it for awhile this afternoon.

    Be blessed!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete

Welcome! Love your friendly comments.