Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Do!

I wanted to journal this on my blog because it is something my heart is heavy about. I want to be a TRUE HANDMAIDEN of the Lord. I find myself reading, studying, listening, but struggling to always DO.

Yes, I live the best I can and I try to walk in the Spirit. But I like most of the people we get out of that alignment and we can become fleshy pretty quick.

This ministered to me yesterday in my reading.


"Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like someone who looks at his face in a mirror and, after looking at himself in a mirror, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like. But whoever looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues in it-not forgetting what they have heard, but doing it-they will be blessed in what they do." ~ James 1:23-25 (ESV)

WOW! I want to be intently looking at the perfect law and living it!!! I want to be blessed in what I do.

My prayer is that I will apply what I am reading, studying, and learning. Do not want to be ever learning but never living it. I am thankful for the Lord's Grace!! I know we will not always be perfect but I truly want to aim to live what I am learning.

Just a thought to share!

Blessings,
Chrissy

*Image from Google Search*

3 comments:

  1. Don't be hard on yourself. You are doing the best you can. There's a quote I like from Maya Angelou. "You did what you knew to do, and when you knew better, you did better."

    ReplyDelete

Welcome! Love your friendly comments.