Thursday, October 12, 2017

Sweetness of the Thursday

Hello friends. The Lord's mercies are truly NEW EVERY Morning. Thank the Lord. Yesterday, was such a better day and this morning is off to good right start. I have had more intentional Quiet Time and I feel such a joy in our home this morning.

Muffins were made this morning. Smells of the muffins and pumpkin candles fill the home air. Thursday is always our SLOW Day. I was encouraged by Monica at The Homespun Heart to implement these types of days years back when she began sharing her days on her blog.



Anyway, I look forward to Thursday's because our pace for whatever reason that day tends to be slower and more relaxed. Maybe it is because I am intentional about it or it has become a natural rhythm of our week.

I usually always do something a little extra on Thursday's for breakfast. Thursday is also our set aside time for Tea and Treats with a great book in the afternoon. I also usually catch up on some small project, craft, or reading for myself. I take longer walks as well this day.

Thursday's are day of retreat for us. I try not to plan field trips, outings, and etc. this day. It can't always be helped but I do strive to make this one day a relaxed day. Oh...the Sweetness of Thursday!

Yesterday, I took a couple of snaps of the day just to relish in the new mercies and fresh start of the day on Wednesday.



A yummy WW friendly breakfast with low Smart Points in the midst of schooling. The kids were getting busy in this picture. There was actually quiet and focused working going on here. *Smiles*

Supper is a recipe I seen on someone's blog. I will share tomorrow the link. It is Cowboy something. *Smiles*

Psalm 143:8 "Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I entrust my life."

I am making this my prayer in the next mornings daily. Join in with me!!

What does your day hold??

Blessings,
Chrissy

13 comments:

  1. I love a quiet day at home, even with school going on, and cooking etc...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your Thursday Chrissy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chrissy, oh your day sounds divine! Slow days are my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your Thursday, Chrissy.
    We have a similar day on Wednesday...but I am encouraged to slow it down even more, thanks to you!
    Have a cozy weekend, my friend. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe...love ya! Thanks for your encouraging comments and faithful visits here.

      Delete
  6. I love how the sun is coming in the bay window. What a lovely place to have school. Slow days sound wonderful. My weeks have been super busy, thank you for the sweet reminder that slow days have to be planned. I am looking forward to slower days next week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right now...I am in busy overdrive. I am having to be very intentional.

      Delete
  7. How nice to have those slow days once a week, your muffins look delicious and what a sweet picture of your kids working hard while the sun beams down on them! Have a lovely weekend.☺

    ReplyDelete
  8. YOu are wise to have slow days with no outside commitments. I tried to have at least 2 of those days every week when the children were growing up and we homeschooled. When we first started, I had no idea that I had Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, I just knew I was exhausted all the time. I did learn to pace myself and that did help.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome! Love your friendly comments.