Monday, November 13, 2017

Master Pantry List-Becoming Prudent (Part 3)

I am sharing our Master Pantry List. After typing it all out I plan to go through this list and see where I can cut or changes I could make to cut our list down. I shared things we use for our family at some point through the year. I know a lot will not seem whole foodie or anything of that nature.  I am also aware a lot of things I could cut to be more frugal. I do not buy these things monthly. But for time sake I do use these items for quick needs. I am sharing what I would like to have in my pantry due to the fact I know I purchase it at some point through out the year. I know I could make things from scratch more, store more, and preserve more. I am not at that point yet. I plan to get there though. Without further ado....


Canned and Jar Goods

green beans (different styles)
corn (Creamy and whole)
carrots
diced tomatoes
tomato sauce
chicken broth
beef broth
tuna fish (water packed)
cream of mushroom
cream of chicken
cream of celery
baked beans
refried beans
black beans
pinto beans
northern beans
spaghetti sauce
alfredo sauce
cheese sauce (frito chili pie topping)
olives
relish
pickles
salsa
canned fruit (peaches and pineapples)
pumpkin



Condiments

ketchup
mayonnaise/miracle whip for husband
mustard
steak sauces (A1, Country Bob's, Worcestershire sauce)
ranch
thousand island dressing
honey mustard
Italian dressing
hot sauce
bbq sauce
jelly
teriyaki sauce
low sodium soy



Misc.

pasta shells (penne, elbow, ziti)
spaghetti noodles
lasagna noodles
rice
dry beans
rice packs
mac and cheese (quick emergency lunch for kids)
ramen noodles
granola bars
tortilla chips
popcorn
crackers
animal crackers
graham crackers
grits
oatmeal
pretzels
turkey jerky (me)
coffee
tea bags
creamers
bread
buns
tortillas
peanut butter
applesauce
cereals
cookies



Baking, Spices, and Seasonings

Chili season pack
taco season
ranch dressing packs
french onion soup mix
flour (SF, All Purpose, Whole Wheat, Bread flour)
baking soda
baking powder
powdered sugar
sugar
brown sugar
cake mixes (ER quick fixes)
icing
brownie mixes (Quick Fix)
pancake mix
pudding mixes
chocolate chips (different kinds)
vanilla
yeast
cooking spray
oils (EVOO, and etc.)
cornmeal
bread crumbs
cornstarch
salt
pepper
garlic powder
parsley
Italian season
paprika
meat seasonings (McCormick mixes)
vinegars
cocoa powder
syrup
honey
food coloring
baker's chocolate
cinnamon
pumpkin pie spice


Refrigerator Needs

cheese slices (Colby)
cheese shred (mozz and cheddar)
butter (unsalted and salted)
milk
sandwich meats
eggs
parmesan
yogurt
sour cream
cottage cheese
cream cheese
pizza dough (quick need)
pie crusts (quick need)
pepperoni


Fresh Produce (purchase things that are seasonal)

lettuce (leafy greens)
cabbage
tomatoes (Seasonal)
potatoes
sweet potatoes
carrots
celery
green onion
apples
bananas
lemons
oranges
grapes (depends on sale)
berries (if in season)
zucchini and squash (seasonal)
onions
peppers (seasonal prices)
fruits and veggies of the season



Freezer

ground beef
chicken (breasts, thighs, legs, and whole chickens)
turkey
turkey ham
bacon
breakfast sausage
smoked sausage links
summer sausage
pork chops
pork loins
roasts
vegetables (lima beans, mixed veggies, peas)
ice cream ( a must in our home)
berries (smoothie mix)
cool whip
frozen items I keep on hand for quick lunches for kids (pizza and chicken nuggets) we do not eat these often but it is nice to have when needed for a quick fun lunch
french fries


Here is a neat basic pantry printable. Here is a blank pantry printable to insert your personal pantry needs.


Goodness that is a lot!!!!


Do you have a Master Pantry List?

Blessings,

Chrissy


























15 comments:

  1. Good Morning Chrissy :) actually I don't, but this is a very good idea to keep track of everything you need for your pantry :) Thank you for sharing....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have a list, but need to make one. Yours seems pretty complete! I can usually pull a meal out of my pantry one way or another, but it's nice to have a variety of things to choose from.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really helped me see areas I need to work on. As well as helped me see what is needed at some point that we use.

      Delete
  3. Yours is so much like mine except for the kids things, but my kids are all grown Surprising how much we cook alike!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our pantry list are very similar. The great thing about building your own pantry is that you can customize it to fit you and your family. I don't have a written pantry list as I keep it in my head. I really should have a list and keep track of what I have and what I want to have so when things go on sale I can easily know what to add. I'll have to think on this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always had it in my head. But then I noticed sales I missed that would have really been helpful. So, I think this will hep me be more prepared to keeo an eye open.

      Delete
  5. I do not have a master list. Yours is very thorough, and making me think about whether this would be a help to me or not.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't have a master pantry list but I like yours. It's a good idea! With just my husband and me at home now (and the puppy), my pantry doesn't need to be quite so full.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do not have a master pantry list, but I do keep a replace list on the inside of my door. When we remove an item we write it dwn. When it is grocery day. I do this for my spice cabinet as well. And one on my freezer/fridge. My oldest will combine all the list onto my shopping list for us to take with us to the store. I'm sure there a better system, but this one works for us. I love your idea as well. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't have a master list either but as I open the last item of anything, I add it to my list to replace. I do have a really well stocked pantry at this point. God is good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't have a master Pantry list, but I do have a list of every meal that I like to rotate in our dinner menu planning. I've often thought it would be helpful to know exactly what is in the freezer and in the pantry. I periodically go through and rearrange my pantry so that I can see what needs to be eaten up and this seems to help give me an idea of what I need to use up before it goes bad. I like your master pantry list and I need to give it some thought as to how I could use it in my home!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome! Love your friendly comments.