Thursday, January 7, 2016

A Reminder from Laine's Letters~Just What I needed

**Please check the side bar for my thoughts and a link to Laine's Letters.**

If you have never "virtually" met Laine you are missing a treat. Laine is a special lady (who no longer writes that I am aware of) that wrote letters to homemakers years ago. There is an archive of her letters, tips, and recipes. A link to these archives are on my side bar.

I came across Laine's Letters years ago. I googled homemaking help and it was the best thing I did.  I was introduced to her letters.  She became a mentor to me for years. I never knew her personally, spoke to her personally, but I felt she was dearest mentor because of her letters.




I am so thankful! Over the years when I need a good dose of reminding of my homemaking calling or a refresher of the Lord's thoughts toward me I go to her letters. 

I am planning to print these out and pass this to my daughter. I believe every young woman would benefit from these even ALL AGES!!!



Anyway, today I was needing that motivation. After prayer and bible I check her archives and I found this letter called, "My Top Five Priorities"! I NEEDED THIS!!!!!!!!!

I am so thankful for the letter and it has reminded me of my purpose. I love it. If you would like to read it please go to this letter.



I wish there was a way I could write or email Laine and tell her how blessed I have been because of her writings. Maybe one day I will be able to tell her. *Smiles*

I highly encourage you to read this letter. It will help you (us) tremendously!

Blessings Friends!


**ALL images are found online under graphic search for old fashion homemaking and letters.**

8 comments:

  1. I enjoyed this post this evening. Have a wonderful time this weekend.
    Please drop by and say hello!

    Have a wonderful winter season!
    Blessings,
    Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU! Laine just told me she emailed you. I had her email from years ago, and it still worked. I wasn't sure if it would. You've been so touched by her writing, I just had to try.

      Be blessed dear lady!
      Do come and visit me!

      ஐღLauraღஐ
      Harvest Lane Cottage
      ...doing what I can with what I've got where I am
      on a short shoestring budget!
      ~~~~~

      Delete
  2. Your link goes to ifyoudostuff...blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember her website and miss it! Thanks for the link, I agree with her priorities, sounds right to me as it is Bible-based. Too may women get it all wrong and do things for others OUTSIDE of their family and let their family be last. That is not the way God set it up that is the way man has done it because it brings more glory or praise to themselves. There isn't much praise in taking care of your family or home but our family (and God!) will praise us! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bev,

      I love a lot of her ideas. Just her love of what she does motivates me. :)

      Delete
  4. Dear Chrissy, I remembered that you also love Laine! She wrote a post for me and I put it up today! I have had a lot of trouble with rising food costs here and have been reading the old letters and it has helped. I have had to try new places to shop, more places to shop and making more from scratch.
    I hope you are doing well! With love Annabel.xxx

    ReplyDelete

Welcome! Love your friendly comments.