Friday, June 23, 2017

Summer Day 2- Coloring, Fellowship, and Free Library Programs




We had a great day Thursday. We started off at the Library. They have programs on Thursday's and this day it was about recycling. The kids learned a little and then made a craft out of mostly recycled items.

Then I had a friend come to visit and we chatted for a bit. We took the kids down to the pool and relaxed poolside and colored. Yes...we colored! It was so fun. I haven't colored in a long time. This was one of my items on my Summer Bucket List to do.

Have you got to do any things you planned for this summer yet?  I had a very small list of things I wanted to do with the kids and then one for myself. I have done a good bit so far. It is mainly small things. Example....a special date night with the husband, ice cream bar, coloring with a friend, a picnic.

Hope you have a blessed weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Chrissy, we always loved the library! They have such wonderful programs and we would love carrying home armfuls of books. Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm kind of scared to go to the library. 15 years ago, I was working at a daycare and rented some cardboard books for the kids I cared for 18-23 months old. They all got raptured. Someone took them, they walked away, I have no idea. Ever since then, I've avoided the library like the plague. I'm scared they'll dig that up in their system.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chrissy I used to work in a library so I feel quite at home when I visit out local one. I doubt they will ever close down even though people don't seem to read as much as they used to.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome! Love your friendly comments.